I see a great deal of information about what small businesses should do to market their business online. Much of this info and recommendation has been about expensive Google PPC campaigns and complex SEO projects run by agencies at enormous cost to your the end client.
If you run a small business and have been searching for some free digital marketing ideas that will help your business become more visible online, here's a list of things you can get started on right away.
Here is that list of 10 Easy Digital Marketing Tips:
- Create a short Youtube video that that illustrates your topic, product or service. Write a blog post on your own website and embed that video in your post. Make sure that you publish a link to it on Social Media regularly over the next 3 to 6 months.
- From your Twitter Account follow up to 5 possible referral sources, then @ mention them in a short "hello message".
- Using whatever Scheduling software you prefer, plan to post at least 3 tweets each day this week from your favourite industry news sources. This will put you into the minds of your potential clients as the helpful person who shares useful info.
- Make sure that you have installed Google Analytics on your website. Learn the basics and spend some time each week analysing your traffic stats, things like visitor numbers, bounce rates, time on site and geo-location.
- Define specific goals for your social media campaign. Be realistic, but make the goals challenging.
- Write a press release about your most recent product or service launches or changes. Maybe you've just signed a big new client.
- Tweet at your local media community with positive remarks about their latest news item. Try to relate that to your business.
- Start a discussion in a LinkedIn group and make sure that you link to a blog post on your own website.
- Submit your blog articles to StumbleUpon.
- Sign up for CoPromote and CoSchedule to and start to plan and boost your online content on Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr and Facebook.
Now, as with all good things, "Rinse And Repeat". These tips will get you going on your Digital Marketing journey and help you on your way to online success.
Here's a BONUS TIP for you...
BOUS TIP: Start an after-hours hashtag conversation on Twitter. Email all of your contacts to let them know and ask for their participation.
Have fun with these and please use the comments section to add to the list and why not subscribe to my latest podcast series over at https://stevecounsell.podbean.com